Honoring our Veterans and Saluting our Troops Twilight Concert and Picnic featuring David Martin & Rob Russ The Big Band of Rossmoor Please join the Rotary Club of Lafayette on July 13,
Honoring our Veterans and Saluting our Troops
Twilight Concert and Picnic featuring David Martin & Rob Russ The Big Band of Rossmoor
Please join the Rotary Club of Lafayette on July 13, 2019 at the tranquil waters of the Lafayette Reservoir. Show support for our active military, reserves, veterans and Gold Star Families who have lost their loved ones who served bravely for our country.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet active members of the military, reserves, veterans and families of our Fallen Heroes. These families are our neighbors. Our children grew up together. Let’s hear their stories and ensure they know our gratitude for those who are serving and those who paid the ultimate price. Meet representatives from the Veteran’s Center who support our returning veterans.
Please wear your uniform. Blue Star and Gold Star Families and our community would like to meet you.
We will pay special tribute to our Gold Star Families and Blue Star Moms. Joining us will be Blue Star Moms Chapter 101, Danville and the Contra Costa Blue Star Moms, Chapter 20, Concord.
Supporting our Tribute to the Troops will be:
- American Legion Post 517, Lafayette
- Blue Star Moms
- Boy Scout Troop 243, Lafayette
- Concord Vet Center
- Marines Memorial Club of San Francisco
- Military Escort Team
- Mobile Vet Center with onsite counseling on veteran benefits, healthcare, finances, education and housing
- Rides 4 Veterans
- Ruck March Team – Travis Air Force Base
- Some Gave All – The Joey Graves Foundation
- Team Red, White & Blue
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8063, Lafayette
Bring a blanket, your lawn chairs, a picnic and enjoy:
• The 36-piece Big Band of Rossmoor, first established over 27 years ago, is comprised of musicians ages 14 to 95. Our goal is to build community by providing educational and performance opportunities for all ages.
• Special Guests – David Martin & Rob Russ: David Martin is our “homegrown” musician that has graced our stages many times over the years. An Acalanes High School graduate, rumor has it that his first gigs were Happy Valley Elementary School’s sixth grade graduation and a Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast. Dave can play anything from 1960 on!
The Lafayette Reservoir is located west of downtown Lafayette
The Big Band of Rossmoor is presented by Generations in Jazz. For more information visit http://www.thebigbandofrossmoor.org/
This event is sponsored by Aegis Living.
(Saturday) 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3849 Mt. Diablo Blvd